Pages

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Control your Response

In my day to day, there are many things I can't control. I can't control traffic on my commute to Atlanta. I can't control there being no parking spaces in the student deck. I can't control the weather when it's pouring down rain and I have to walk to class. These are all trivial things compared to life events we can't control. We can't control cancer, and how it rips families apart. We can't control being laid off and losing income. We can't control a down economy. We can't control adversity towards our faith. We can't control other peoples  actions, even though we often wish we could.

However, there is one thing we always have control over, our Response. Every time something negative happens in our life we choose how to respond.  We often feel hopeless and without choice but this is not true. We can choose our response. I encourage you to respond with a sense of hope. When we feel life is raining down one trying time after another we have to choose to look at our life from a perspective of hope. It is not easy. It is not the popular path. However, when we choose to look at our lives from a perspective of hope our situation changes.

In 2 Timothy Paul's writes " and of this gospel I was appointed a herald, an apostle, and a teacher and that is why I am suffering as I am, but I am not ashamed." Paul, one of the most influential men of faith known to the world was in prison. Held captive because of his faith. He chose to look at his life
From a perspective of hope. Hope in The Lord and remain Faithful.

No comments:

Post a Comment